The Governing Body of Danesfield School has the following responsibilities
- Set the aims and objectives for the school
- Set the policies for achieving those aims and objectives
- Set the targets for achieving those aims and objectives
- Monitor and evaluate the progress the school is making towards achievement of its aims and objectives
- Be a source of challenge and support to the headteacher (a critical friend)
The Headteacher is responsible for the internal organisation, management and control of the school and the implementation of the strategic framework established by the Full Governing Body.
Governors regularly visit the school, meet with children and parents. We run parents forums, promote the parent partnership and strive to be open and transparent.
Our Governing body re-constituted in March 2014 under the 2012 regulations our instrument of government can be seen here.
Who are we?
The Governing body is led by the Chair of Governors, Sean Collins, who coordinates the South Buckinghamshire Chair of Governors group and is a National Leader of Governance.
Some Governors are parents of children in the school, whilst others are members of the local community. A full list of Governors, their roles, pecuniary interests and meeting attendance can be found here
The Governing body has the following committees:
If you would like to know more about being a Governor of Danesfield School, please contact our Chair of Governors here.
Minutes to Governing Body Meetings