BCC Admissions area consultation
In conjunction with a similar activity being conducted by Bucks County Council (BCC), Danesfield School ran a period of consultation from 20 December 2016 until 31 January 2017 regarding a BCC proposal for changes to local catchment areas. As part of the process, the Danesfield Admissions Committee met with Mr S Chainani from BCC and received responses from a number of parents. Following further discussion the conclusion of the Admission Committee is as follows:
The Admissions Committee sees the merit of extending Danesfield's current catchment area into a shared area with Spinfield, as per the map, as it creates greater choice and flexibility within an area that is already supported with school transport links. We have therefore agreed to accept this part of the proposal.
The Admissions Committee does not agree to any further expansion and in particular the proposed joint area with Marlow Cof E for the following reasons:
- Danesfield's recent increase in PAN should provide additional capacity however there is also a degree of uncertainty over the potential impact of our continued ability to fully support the needs of our local Service families community. We would therefore seek a greater period of status quo before considering any further change in order to avoid exaggerating any local admissions issues we may have.
- Geographically, the second area does not sit well with Danesfield's current catchment and there are other, more natural, fits.
- The additional catchment area would create issues regarding access, transportation and the ability to place all siblings in the same school.
- Data compiled by the school's admissions clerk clarified that the average number of places approved by Danesfield over the last 6 years for families external to Bucks CC area of responsibility was about 2 per year. The vast majority of these were as a result of placing applicants with their siblings or for opportunities when we were below PAN.
- Of note, Danesfield uses road distance as a distance discriminator to ensure its catchment remains relevant to the school.
The Admissions Committee would like to take this opportunity to thank all those that responded and Bucks CC for their support in this matter.
Reception 2017 Entry
We very much welcome enquiries from prospective families and seek to be of assistance throughout the application and allocation process. We invite you to visit our school to see our facilities and talk to the children and staff - please contact Mrs DiMascio to make an appointment - 01628 483031 or email@example.com
Applications for admission to Reception classes in September each year are dealt with under the Buckinghamshire Coordinated Primary Admissions Scheme. Please visit the Buckinghamshire County Council website for full details and to apply for a school place.
16th January 2017 - deadline to submit your online application via the Bucks County Council website.
18th April 2017 – Offer letters sent to parents/guardians from Bucks County Council.
30th January 2017 - The latest date for moving into or within Buckinghamshire (and providing evidence to show you are resident) for BCC to use this address for the first round of allocations.
Please read our admissions policy, which also covers our over-subscription criteria (what happens if there are more applications received than the places available).
Places regularly become available in all year groups as children come and go due to family moves, particularly as we have service (RAF) families at our school. We offer fantastic pastoral care and our teachers are experienced in welcoming new children into their classes.
What is the process?
We are incredibly proud of our school. We aim to be inspiring, to nurture all our children to achieve their full potential, and to develop happy, well rounded children with a love for learning.
We have a wonderful woodland setting with an abundance of outdoor space for sports and fun like our forest school. Our outstanding staff are supported with the best available training and resources, including huge investments in 2015 in guided reading schemes and free reading books across the whole school, new IT (laptops, tablets, new ICT suites) providing us with some of the best primary school facilities in the country, and two soundproofed music studios.
We are a high achieving school - our performance in national tests, which has always been very good, is improving year on year.
Click ABOUT to read more about our school.
Contact: Karen Dimascio
Telephone: 01628 483031
Address: Henley Road, Medmenham, Marlow, Bucks SL7 2EW Location map
Mrs S Morgan
Chair of Governors
Mr S Collins
Click here to download our recent Ofsted report