The Early Years Foundation Stage covers children from the age of 0-5 and continues until the end of the Reception year. At Danesfield School we cater for children aged 4-5 in our Reception classes.
Most children are likely to have been at other feeder settings such as local playgroups and nurseries prior to starting at Danesfield. All children begin school with a wide variety of experiences and learning and it is the privilege of the adults working in the foundation stage to accept the task of building upon that prior learning experience. This is done through a holistic approach to learning ensuring that parents and guardians, support staff and the Foundation Stage team work effectively together to support the learning and development of the children in their charge.
At Danesfield School, we aim to:
• Provide a broad, balanced, relevant and creative curriculum that will enable each child to develop personally, socially, emotionally, spiritually, physically, creatively and intellectually to their full potential.
• Provide a safe, challenging, stimulating, caring and sharing environment which is sensitive to the needs of the child including children with additional needs.
• Develop firm foundations for further learning and development in Key Stage 1 and beyond.
• Use and value what each child can do, assessing their individual needs and helping each child to progress, recognising that children develop at different rates.
• Enable choice and decision making, fostering independence and self-confidence.
• Provide opportunities whereby children experience a challenging and enjoyable programme of learning and development.