Danesfield children will enjoy life-long learning, developing a sense of respect and responsibility for themselves and others. They will strive to become independent members of the wider community, both locally and globally.
We will challenge children to reach their full potential academically, socially and personally and to make the right choices which keep them healthy and safe.
The general aims of the school, outlined in the attached statement, are intended to allow the Danesfield School community to:
- develop self-respect and self-confidence through the fostering of positive relationships.
- provide a safe and supportive environment in which everyone understands how to learn and acquires the knowledge, skills and attitudes for life in a rapidly changing world.
- develop creative, lively, enquiring minds and the ability to question and debate rationally.
- develop a school ethos based on respect and understanding of all races, religions and ways of life.
- take collective responsibility for high standards of behaviour and appearance at all times and take pride in belonging to Danesfield School.
- understand the need for everyone to work together in school, with each other, with parents and with the local community and also develop an understanding of the interdependence of individuals, groups and nations.
- provide a wide range of extra-curricular learning opportunities in order to broaden personal skills, talents and interests.
- encourage an appreciation and awareness of the natural world and develop an understanding of our responsibility to sustain it for future generations.